Saturday, June 6, 2009

Doppelganger

The Mariam Webster Dictionary defines the word as
dop•pel•gäng•er
noun
Etymology:
German Doppelgänger, from doppel- double + -gänger goer
Date: 1851
1: a ghostly counterpart of a living person
2: a: double
b: alter ego
c: a person who has the same name as another
It doesn’t needs one to be an expert of rocket science to understand how the internet has became another social world for us. Netizens as we are called ,we live here another life apart from our real lives. I would take privilege to call this another personality of us as our doppelganger.Our doppelganger in this virtual world is not same as we might in actual,he might be more smart or simle,witty or intence,emotional or reckless,loquacious or reticent and so on.But one thing is sure he is not same as we are in actual.It is quite difficult to reveal oneself infront of others.We try to put forward our best and bright before others and hide our weak and emotional half .Sometimes we often try to tell our self that our "that side" doesn’t exists and deny its existence. Interestingly that "other side" of us acts like a shadow, always following us, disappearing when there is light around us but crops up when the light fades. It constantly keeps us reminding that “what you have deny to exist is also a part of you. You are one who has given it alife and you are one with whom it will die. How can disown me ,I am the one who is with you always .i am you’re your watchfull side, I am conscience , i am your greed ,i am your wisdom ,i am your passion ,love, existence. I am also your most beautiful fantasy and the worst nightmare. I am with one with you shared your secret desires ,unkept promises also profanities. I am your faith , religion, and god and the devil also. Also, I am your Christ and at same time Judas.
I am what you are, I am your doppelganger”.

So through this blog it will be my doppelganger talking to me .

No comments:

Post a Comment